Salaried, Non-Exempt with Benefits – 40 Hours per Week
Salary Range: $37,440 – $56,160
General Job Description
A professional position charged with the responsibility of supporting the work of the Executive Director and acting as Director as needed. The Assistant Director assists the Executive Director in implementing the overall mission of the Ruth’s Cottage domestic violence prevention program, sexual assault advocacy program and The Patticake House child advocacy center. In addition, the Assistant Director will also support the Executive Director in fiscal responsibilities of the organization, including grant management, accounts payable processing, payroll processing and human resources tasks. The Assistant Director will support the outreach and volunteer development of the organization. The Assistant Director will be employed by and responsible to the Executive Director.
Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Work experience in fiscal management including grants and proven ability in accurate detailed timely documentation work required.
- Management skills necessary to support financial and administrative duties of a social service agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain favorable working relationships within the organization and in the community.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and health/drug screening and to conduct self with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work as a team member with open communication and respect for team members.
- Prepare and submit grant activation documents, reimbursement requests, budget adjustment requests and required reports.
- Tracks GA Crime Victims Compensation transactions.
- Review and code accounts payable check requests and processing of accounts payable.
- Review, approve, and process payroll documents each pay period.
- Attend board and committee meetings as needed and requested by the director.
- Attend community meetings to represent RCPCH as needed.
- Conduct Volunteer Orientations, prepare monthly volunteer opportunities, and establish communication system with volunteers.
- Maintain CJCC volunteer records and CJCC funded staff time sheets.
- HR Management of RCPCH employees to include employee file upkeep, tracking employee training, handling insurance and retirement business, and tracking compensation.
- Oversee the Hiring and Onboarding process for new employees.
- Produce personnel documents as needed (reports, hire letters, etc.)
- Assist the Managers in their employment interviews for their potential staff and assist the Director in employment interviews for management staff.
- Serve as secondary supervisor of managers when the Executive Director is not available.
- Serve as a member of the RCPCH Management Team.
- Serve as a member of the Kiwanis Club of Tifton.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Direct Service Tasks
- Reviews, accepts/denies, and processes all client assistance requests.
- Supports clients who need items from the Donation Station.
- Works, as needed, with Shelter Manager to mediate at shelter when residents have concerns with staff and/or shelter guidelines.
- Accept shelter “on call” on a rotating schedule with other members of Management Team.
- Prepare and submit grant reimbursements and budget adjustment requests.
- Manage volunteer program with tracking/documentation of hours.
- Submits all grant statistical and other requested reports.