Hourly, Non-Exempt with Benefits – 40 Hours per Week
Pay Range Hourly $14.00 – 19.00
General Job Description
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, provides administrative support to Ruth's Cottage and The Patticake House.
Qualifications for Position
- Completion of a high school or general equivalency diploma (GED) required with additional technical training preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and accuracy skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills of a high level to include all Microsoft Office applications.
- Work experience in related field of administrative/management capacity preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team.
- Prioritization and time management skills required.
- Customer service mindset with professional persona required.
- A physical exam, drug screening and criminal record check are required prior to shift work.
Job Responsibilities and Performance Standards
- Provides administrative support to Ruth's Cottage and The Patticake House staff and board with particular assistance to the Executive Director.
- Establishes and oversees maintenance of chronological and alphabetical filing system including correspondence, reports and all documentation according to established guidelines.
- Schedules conferences, makes travel arrangements and reservations for lodging, accumulating required documents for meetings, trainings and conferences for all staff.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and storing files of RCPCH Administration.
- Responsible for timely donor acknowledgements, both in-kind and cash.
- Oversees in-kind donation collections.
- Daily manages incoming and outgoing mail; responsible for adequate postage and mailing supplies.
- Maintain files, forms and administrative supplies.
- Communicates with Management Team to be sure their supply needs are met, orders all office supplies and does shopping for managers if requested to do so.
- Maintains mailing lists and data bases for use with fund-raising activities, public relations/advertising, Board of Directors, etc.
- Preparation of deposits and set up of ACH drafts as requested.
- Preparation of forms, correspondence and other agency documents.
- Reviews bills for accuracy and then creates all check requests accordingly.
- Prepares flyers and other documents as needed by the Executive Director or requested by Managers.
- Obtains officer signatures on all checks and other documentation as required.
- Assists with preparations for events as directed by the Executive Director including keeping inventory of agency outreach supplies and alerting the Director when supplies are low.
- Maintains accurate donor tracking spread sheets..
- Represents RCPCH to the community through professional and customer service-oriented communications on the telephone, emails and in conducting all agency business.
- Participates in community outreach activities at least twice per year.
- Works with staff on planning and preparation for outreach activities to underserved populations.
- Maintains knowledge of current policies, laws, trends, and developments in domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse as appropriate and keeps an up to date resource manual.
- Maintains an agency scrapbook.
- Maintains employee email passwords and RCPCH accounts’ user/passwords.
- Attends all scheduled meetings as directed by Executive Director including Manager Meetings, All Staff Meetings, and any board/committee meeting, taking minutes as needed.
- Prepares initial hiring paperwork and schedules drug screening and background checks for all new employees.
- Maintains and updates the agency website.
- Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, professional in-service training and through individual research and reading.
- Maintains certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Abides by all terms and conditions of employment and adheres to the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrates high level of personal accountability and integrity toward job and flexibility in assuming other responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.